- Great Deals occur when a Market Fare Flight Reward requires fewer miles than the Fixed Mileage Flight Reward. They are offered from time to time on select routes.
- Members with status in the Aeroplan program get 500 miles off Great Deals, plus up to 35% off Market Fare Flight Rewards.
The more you know about Aeroplan,
the sooner you can soar
We’re bringing you the truth behind 12 Aeroplan myths.
Get to know Aeroplan better and get away faster.
Scroll to learn more
are never available.
Truth is, over 70% of our flight rewards booked are at Fixed Mileage levels.
These flights rewards are limited and go fast so they might seem hard to get.
Some are even booked at levels lower than that!
Actually, we do not have blackout dates. Our two flight reward options: Fixed Mileage Flight Rewards and Market Fare Flight Rewards let you fly anywhere, any time on all Air Canada flights.
If you are trying to book during peak flying periods and can’t find any available flights, it’s simply because they go fast. It’s smart to book early. Plus, don’t forget to check our Market Fare Flight Rewards, which
opens up even more seats for more miles.
Find more tips here.
Contact Centre Agents have access to more seats.
As a matter of fact, you have access to the same seats as our agents do by booking through aeroplan.com or through the Aeroplan app*. We can understand the assumption though as our agents have expert training.
*A few exceptions apply, including reward bookings on regional carriers (including Air Creebec, Bearskin Airlines, Canadian North and Calm Air), as well as children traveling alone and international flight reward bookings with multiple stopovers and/or an open jaw.
Here are a few booking tips to help you find a flight:
- Expand your search beyond Fixed Mileage Rewards by checking out our Market Fare Flight Rewards.
- Check nearby airports for the flight you want.
- Fly in style by choosing Premium Economy, Business or First Class.
- See both Paris and London for no additional miles with a planned stopover.
- Book a one-way Fixed Mileage Flight Rewards ticket for 50% fewer miles than a roundtrip flight.
*Air Creebec, Bearskin Airlines, Canadian North, First Air and Calm Air can only be booked through the contact centre.
You need to book
a year in advance
to find a seat.
Not necessarily. Our airline partners release seats all year long, so you don’t need to plan that far in advance. In fact, almost a third of our flight rewards are booked last-minute.
Here are a few things to remember when searching for flights:
It’s virtually impossible
to change or cancel
a flight reward.
In reality, you can cancel or modify any flight reward up until 2 hours prior to the flight. Cancelling can be done right online through the Manage Your Rewards page in Your Aeroplan and any modifications can be made by calling our Contact Centre. For a full refund, you need to cancel
22 days in advance.
You can change your flight dates, flight times, class of service, routing and/or itinerary on unused Flight Rewards for non-refundable fee plus taxes per ticket.
You can only
earn miles by flying.
Not so. In addition to earning miles by flying, you can earn Aeroplan Miles in a variety of ways, including by fuelling up your car, shopping, eating out, subscribing to magazines, staying at a hotel and much more. We have over 150 partner brands you can earn with online and offline.
Here are some ways to earn miles on the ground:
- Always carry and swipe your Aeroplan Card to earn at our partners.
- Earn Aeroplan Miles with 100 online retailers through our eStore, plus Shop.ca and Costco.ca.
- Get an Aeroplan-Affiliated Credit Card to earn everywhere you use the card.
Only the Contact Centre can credit my miles if I forget to provide my Aeroplan Number when flying.
Actually, you can request to have your miles credited online 24/7 through our Help Centre. You can also book a flight, manage your rewards, update your profile, convert your miles, reset your password, create your Contact Centre PIN, order a new card and more.
If you believe you are missing miles from a flight:
- Visit our Help Centre to submit a claim.
- Have your ticket and boarding pass handy.
- Remember, you can submit a request for missing miles within 11 months of the flight departure date. Some exceptions may apply.
I’ll have to be on hold for 2 hours if I call in to book a flight.
Truthfully, while this may have happened in the past, we have since upgraded our system so your wait time should be shorter. But why call at all? You can book a flight online and through the Aeroplan app! We have also worked hard to offer you a wide variety of self-serve tools so you can get the help you need right away.
Here’s everything you can do online through our Help Centre:
- Request missing miles
- Update your contact information
- Order a new card
- Book a flight
- View or cancel a flight reward
- Convert your miles
- Transfer your miles
- Reset your password
- Create or change your Contact Centre PIN
Of course, we understand there are times when you’ll need to speak with an agent, and we’ll happily be there to help with that, too! Become a member with Diamond status in the Aeroplan program and you’ll receive call priority!
Aeroplan is the only program where the miles expire.
Actually, your miles will not expire as long as you stay active by having at least one qualifying activity in the previous twelve months.
We want you to have your miles when you want them, so here are a few ways to stay active:
- Earn miles at least once at over 150 of our partner brands including Esso, Home Hardware, Shop.ca and Costco.ca
- Redeem at least once for travel, merchandise, activities or any of our rewards
- Carry an Aeroplan-Affiliated Credit Card from TD or CIBC
- Check your account expiration date here
There are no real perks to achieving status with Aeroplan.
As a matter of fact, members with status in the Aeroplan Program have the opportunity to earn more and redeem for less.
Here are some of the many benefits members with status enjoy:
- Up to 35% off Market Fare Flight Rewards.
- Up to 1,500 bonus miles when flying with Air Canada to over 40 destinations.
- Double the miles when you shop online at our e-Store or at SHOP.ca.
There are 3 levels of status in the Aeroplan Program: Silver, Black and Diamond. The higher your level, the more benefits you’ll enjoy.
I can’t use my miles to book flights for my friends and family.
Truth is, you can use your miles however you want, including booking flights for friends and family. They don’t have to be travelling with you… and they don’t even have to be Aeroplan Members.*
Simply enter their personal information when booking flights through aeroplan.com or the Aeroplan app. It’s that easy! Both you and the person you are booking for will receive a copy of the transaction by email.
*Exception for Super Elite members booking international travel in business class using a Priority Reward.